Can’t Get A Reservation? Create A Gourmet Date Night At Home
Sometimes, we need to get creative when date night rolls around. So, when you haven’t made a booking and are still looking to indulge and spoil your partner, then consider a gourmet DIY date! Instead of trekking around Sydney for a reservation, order a Pretty Green gourmet basket of delicious treats and enjoy a night in.
The perfect solution
We’ve all been there. You are in the mood to change out of your trackies, get dolled up, and head out for a dinner date, but your spontaneity is crushed when you are unable to get a reservation at any of your favourite restaurants.
Enter the DIY date night.
Who says that you can’t enjoy a gourmet night in the comfort of your own home? Not us, that’s for sure. As much as we love a night in the Sydney CBD, sometimes, a night of delicious food on the couch is just what you need.
How to create a gourmet date night at home
There are various factors to consider when organising a date night at home. So, here are some of our top tips to make it feel special.
#1 The setting
If you’re thinking of just sitting around the coffee table watching Netflix and eating out of plastic containers, then think again. The setting is crucial, which means you need to up your game. Hide that pile of laundry that’s sitting in the corner, clear up the bench full of used coffee mugs, and get creative.
Perhaps you could do an indoor picnic, create a minimalist blanket fort in the lounge room, or stick with a classic candlelight table set-up. There are quite a few ways to set up your date night, so pick an idea and run with it.
#2 The ambience
Next, it is all about the mood. Sure you can tidy up a room and lay out a tablecloth, but it’s the ambience that truly sets the atmosphere.
This can be done with some candles, a playlist softly playing in the background, some comfy pillows, and maybe even light a fire to really cosy up the room.
#3 The food
A happy tummy makes a happy date. So, you will need to figure out a killer menu to satisfy your date’s cravings. If you’re stuck for menu ideas, maybe you could consider a theme.
If the menu part of the evening is seeming a little daunting, then you can always take the hard work out and order some baskets full of goodies!
#4 The drinks
You could construct a cocktail menu inspired by your partner, or create a wine tasting and pair it with some fine cheeses, maybe you’re more of a beer drinker? We’ve got you sorted there too! And if you’re choosing the non-alcoholic option, then you could mix up some mocktails, overindulgent milkshakes, or enjoy some fragrant tea or maybe even a coffee while you snuggle on the couch.
Simple as that!
No matter how you wish to execute your DIY date night, your partner will be so grateful for your efforts and you are sure to get lucky!
If you like the idea of having someone else take care of the food and drinks, then here are some of our Pretty Green gourmet baskets that will take your date night up a notch.
- On the Rocks basket: If you have repeatedly had trouble getting into Sydney’s bar, Maybe Sammy, then this is the perfect basket for your date night. Recreate their top cocktails from the comfort of your own home.
- That’s Gin-Tastic! basket: Is your date a gin fanatic? Get this hamper delivered to your door and create a bar-worthy cocktail with the brilliant ingredients and supplies included in this basket!
- All The Gear But No Idea basket: This hamper includes all of the ingredients to create a delicious European dinner. It’s also a great way to incorporate an activity for you and your partner. So, get in that kitchen and cook up a storm together!
- Hot Chocaholic basket: A wintery date night in calls for a sweet and warming drink. This basket will help you take a classic booze-free drink to a whole new level.
- Sweet Escape basket: Use this hamper to kick off your dessert platter! With cookies and other sugary treats, your date’s sweet tooth will definitely be satisfied.
The next time that you’re struggling to find a restaurant with any reservations available, then you should definitely consider a date night at home! Once you have begun planning and are ready to organise the food and drinks, order a Pretty Green gourmet hamper! Check out our range of baskets here.